The objective of the project was to ensure usability of all passenger platforms of Edelaraudtee AS upon arrival of new diesel trains.
For that purpose 14 passenger platforms were modified and 1 new train stop with a passenger platform and the related infrastructure, incl. crossings, access ways, squares, etc., were constructed. When designing and reconstructing the passenger platforms and crossings, the height requirements and other technical parameters stipulated in EVS 867 (Railway applications – Passenger platforms) were abided by. In addition to servicing the new diesel trains, this also gives mobility-challenged people easy access to the platforms and trains.
Modified passenger platforms:
- Tallinn-Väike (between tracks)
- Liiva (between tracks)
- Hagudi (between tracks)
- Rapla (between tracks)
- Lelle (on the side and between tracks)
- Türi (on the side and between tracks)
As a result of the project, all passenger platforms of Edelaraudtee AS meet the requirements of the applicable standard and the EU, being 550 mm high and suitable for servicing the new type of diesel trains.
- Project cost: €2,585,445 (incl. €2,197,628 from the EU Cohesion Fund and €387,817 from Edelaraudtee AS)
- Main contractor: GoTrack OÜ
- Project implementation: from 6 June 2013 to 15 June 2014